Let’s talk email lists. You’ve heard it before, right? “Build your list!” But it’s not just about having a list; it’s about creating a community of your perfect-fit clients.
If you’ve ever wondered why everyone keeps telling you to build an email list, but nobody tells you what to do with it once you’ve got it, then this video is for you. I’ll be breaking down the mysteries of email marketing and sharing why it’s the secret weapon you’ve been looking for.
The show notes are below.
So, let’s dive into the three reasons why you need to build this unique asset, and then I’m going to share four tips to help you grow that list in a way that forms real, deep connections.
Reason number one: It’s the ONLY business asset you truly own in the realm of social media. You don’t have to worry about algorithms, policy changes, or anything else that’s out of your control.
Reason number two, it’s about connection. Email is personal. People who provide their email addresses give you direct access, allowing you to build meaningful relationships that social media platforms often can’t match.
Reason number three – conversion. Conversion rates for emails are generally higher than on social media. Your messages land straight into their inboxes, making it easier to catch their attention and bring them back to your offerings.
- 92% of online adults use email.
- 99% of email users check their email every day, some as much as 20 times a day!
- And 58% of users check email before they check out social media or the news
With the “why” out of the way, let’s dive into the “how.”
Here are four tips to start growing your email list from scratch.
How do you grow this incredible asset? Here are four tips.
Tip #1 – Know your perfect-fit client.
Before you do anything to market your business you need to know who you want to attract and the problem they want to solve.
Tip #2: Offer something valuable for free.
This could be a checklist, a template, a cheat sheet, mini audio course or an eBook. Think of a solution you can offer that saves time, money, or energy. Make it so irresistible that your ideal client feels compelled to trade their email address for the solution you provide in your lead magnet.
Want my Ultimate Lead Magnet Formula? Get it for FREE here >>>
Tip #3 – Promote.
You have multiple ways to promote your lead magnet including social posts on your personal and biz pages, during workshops, as a podcast guest, in your blog and more.
- Make your signup form visible and easy to fill. Don’t hide it in the darkest corners of your website. Place it where it can shine, like your website’s header, footer, or as a pop-up.
- Leverage social media. Yes, all platforms have their limitations, but they’re also great places to reach new Share your freebie on your social platforms to drive traffic to your signup form.
Tip #4 – Regularly engage with your list.
Don’t just reach out when you have something to sell. Send them useful content, personal stories, and success stories of other clients. This not only keeps your subscribers engaged but also builds trust.
- When crafting your emails, imagine you’re sitting across from a friend at a coffee shop. Address your subscribers by name, let your authentic self shine through. Write in a conversational tone because authenticity is so important.
- Encourage your subscribers to engage with you. Ask them questions, spark discussions, show them that you’re not just a brand but someone who values their input. This is what makes your email list more than just a list but a community.
Now, a quick bonus tip, especially for those of you who might be wondering how to manage this growing list: ConvertKit.
You see, having a list is great, but having an organized list? That’s a game-changer!
Convert Kit is the go-to I recommend the most for managing your email list because it gives you everything you need in one platform. You can build your landing page, send emails and segment and tag your subscribers to ensure that the right emails go to the right people at the right time. It’s user friendly with great support too!
So, if you’re serious about making the most of your email list, check out ConvertKit. And no, this isn’t sponsored, I’m just a really big fan.
Building an engaged email list is about creating relationships, providing value, and most importantly, having fun with it! Your email list isn’t just a list of names. It’s a community of individuals who believe in your message and your services.
Not sure where to start with your lead magnet? Grab my FREE Ultimate Lead Magnet Formula here.