We get it. As an online-focused coach, you’re already wearing a multitude of hats – course creator, mentor, marketer, and more. The last thing you need is the stress of figuring out how to market for Black Friday. The pressure of making the most out of one of the biggest retail days of the year is real (even if you’re just starting out or don’t have an offer yet).
If you don’t have a game plan in place, you risk missing out on potential clients and revenue. But you also don’t want to burn out trying to compete with the retail giants. Enter the world of strategic Black Friday marketing for coaches.
The great thing is you can use this presell strategy any time of the year!
With Black Friday right around the corner, here’s your playbook to ensure you not only stand out but also maintain your sanity and energy for the holiday season:
Tempting Offers are Key
Remember, your potential clients are bombarded with offers. Make them an offer they simply can’t refuse. But…
Beyond just discounts, think about the value you’re offering. As a coach, you’re selling a transformation – how you help your clients make more money, save time, and improve their business and life.
When it comes to Black Friday, you have lots of options
- Special pricing on your offer/s
- Add a complementary 1-on-1 session for the first 5 enrollees.
- Offer an exclusive downloadable resource, workbook, or other special bonus.
- Also, consider tiered pricing or bundling with an all-access pass – giving options can cater to various customer needs and budgets.
Don’t have an offer yet? This is your perfect opportunity to presell an idea to gauge interest without going through the full creation process! Presell a…
- An accountability session.
- A planning session
- An audit (and more!)
No matter which option you choose, create a value stack showing the actual value and the special pricing on your sales page and shopping cart. You can also mention this in your email series. When you build value, you create an irresistible magnetism around your offer.
Stand Out in That Inbox
According to Campaign Monitor (2022) 116.5 million emails go out on Black Friday. #holyemailsbatman
Your subject line is your first impression. Get creative and test a few options before settling.
Here are a few tips for crafting the perfect subject line:
- Emojis: These little icons can increase your email open rates. But use them wisely. Too many can make your email look cluttered.
- Urgency and Scarcity: Phrases like “Last Chance” or “Only a Few Spots Left” can create a sense of urgency.
- Personalization: If your email platform allows, use the recipient’s name. A simple “Sarah, Black Friday Special Just For You!” can work wonders.
Tools like CoSchedule can be your best friend in this regard, ensuring you’re grabbing attention while staying clear and concise.
Find out the Headline Score and SEO Score of your subject lines here >>> COSCHEDULE
Subject Line Checker is another free option – >>> SUBJECT LINE CHECKER
Master the Art of Email Marketing
Email marketing is your golden ticket. Why? Because everyone on your list has already shown interest in what you offer. They’re not cold leads; they’re potential clients who are aware they have a problem and believe you might have the solution. This is in stark contrast to blasting offers on social media and hoping for the best. On social platforms, you’re casting a wide net, hoping to catch a few interested parties. With email, you’re engaging an audience that’s already primed for your message.
The people on your email list are a few steps ahead in the buyer’s journey. They are problem-aware and potentially solution-aware, making them much more likely to be receptive to your Black Friday promotions. So, how do you effectively communicate with this goldmine of potential clients?
You craft an email sequence that guides them seamlessly from awareness to purchase.
- Black Friday Teaser: Offer just a glimpse, enough to spark curiosity. This builds anticipation, ensuring they’re on the lookout for your next email.
- Launch Offer: Go into detail here. What exactly are you offering? Show them real-life examples of people who have benefited from your coaching. This not only establishes credibility but also paints a picture of the potential transformation awaiting them.
- Sale Ending Reminder: Time is running out, and they shouldn’t miss out! Give them a nudge. If you have numbers, share how many have already enrolled, tapping into FOMO.
- Afternoon Ask & Answer: Every potential client will have hesitations or questions. Address them proactively. This email acts as a gentle push, converting those who are still on the fence.
- Teaser – Cyber Monday Deal: Black Friday might be ending, but the offers aren’t. Keep them engaged by hinting at what’s coming next.
Remember, with email marketing, you’re speaking directly to individuals who have already expressed interest. It’s a conversation, not a monologue. Listen, engage, and offer value every step of the way.
Visuals, Visuals, Visuals!
Your graphics should tell a story. Use before-and-after shots, testimonials in image form, or even infographics detailing what your coaching program offers. Consistency is the key. Ensure your Black Friday theme remains the same across emails, your website, and social media.
Canva is my go-to resource for creating visuals for all platforms. Of course, you can start with a free account, but it’s worth $12 a month to go Pro!
Check out Canva here >>> CANVA
A Breeze of a Checkout
The last thing you want is for someone to say yes, only to click a button that takes them to a 404 error page or experience issues with making a payment. Reducing friction in the checkout process is essential. Consider:
- Guest Checkout: Don’t force users to create an account.
- Multiple Payment Methods: Not everyone uses a credit card. Offer PayPal, Stripe, or other popular payment gateways.
- Reassure on Security: A small padlock icon or a note on secure payments can increase trust.
As you approach Black Friday, remember it’s more than just a day of sales. It’s an opportunity to connect, build relationships, and set the stage for future growth. By approaching it with strategy and genuine value, you’re positioning yourself not just for short-term gains but long-term success.
Not sure about your Black Friday offer? Grab my new (and free) Ultimate Black Friday Blueprint to map out your preselling strategy!